Friday, September 23, 2005

And here I was worried about YOU!

FIL left Wednesday - actually very stressless... although I'm glad the TV is back down to normal levels and our front door has stopped SLAMMING itself....lol... Starting to take the twins out more and started a little mommy & me class, but since our oldest is...OLD (almost 10) I have been running into the "oh, better you than me" crap among the "Muffia" at school. So, I'm getting out there and meeting some new people, but it's uh, so much easier to park on the 'puter and surf. I certainly won't make friends or expose the twins to the real world THAT way...

Honestly, I had a small panic attack the other day. I feel that, althought I love what I'm doing, if pressed (God forbid) I am unemployable. Like, no future. A really good wife/personal assistant, but my hours are good and my boss is partial... DH is in real estate - extremely successful, thank goodness - and has been pushing me in that direction, but it's cutthroat these days and I'd rather run in front of a bus. I was an actor, but that's no-woman's land for over 40 and I can't EVEN think about being judged like that on a daily basis - eeeeeew. I used to paint those children's murals, but God, that was exhausting physical labor, as well. My fine art... well, I'd have to hoodwink quite a few people IYKWIM! I finished a rather giant canvas a few weeks ago and thought, "OMFSM, if I had to schmooze anyone to get my work into a gallery right now, I'd puke. Is that what it takes these days? I don't know."

Well, enough of my crap. Problems of abundance - or "Cadillac Problems", I have!... I should go volunteer at the old folk's home and shut my yap! Off to change some diapers and tantalize them with cheese tortellini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home