Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Thin Veil

My grandmother passed away in Birmingham after surgery on September 11th, 2001. In California, I was gone to give blood and not home when my Aunt called. My dh told me when I got home. I had a major private meltdown in my room (she pretty much raised me). We didn't tell ds#1 (5yo) one word about it - we were waiting for daylight. I couldn't get a plane and was going to drive east the next day. Everyone went to bed. What a hideous day, remember?

Next morning, ds tells us about his dream (very unusual - he's NOT talking Pokemon, blah blah blah) ... "Granny came to see us and the house and she was smiling and happy, so I showed her around, then she went up." We figure she came to see how we were (she'd been too frail to come visit for a long time) and let us know she was "going home".We figured God and the angels needed a Pink Lady (you know, those Info ladies at the hospital - she volunteered for years, she was the first smiling face folks would see when they came into the hospital) to help all those people that died on September 11th get to all the places in heaven they were going...I have always been so glad that she came to say goodbye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home