Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dammit, I HATE 4th Grade.

OMG, do I detest having to ride my 10yo about doing his homework, remembering to bring it home, writing the papers, creating the ever so fucking creative "cereal" boxes that pass for book reports these days, the fundraising, the lunch making, the signature gathering, the verifying, the whole damn minutiae that has very little to do with what they're doing in class!?!!

And then I found out homework doesn't even COUNT towards their grade. They just check it off if they "remembered" it or not... which "remembering" is becoming a challenge for this kid. They're so busy thinking outside the box that the basics are diluted. Atrocious spelling in context, although 100% on spelling tests.... I start screaming about lack of "complete sentences" like they were "WIRE HANGERS!!!... NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!"

I'm just tired - and sick (stupid cold). So, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I'm definitely ALREADY sick of the 4th grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home