Monday, January 02, 2006

16 hours into the cleanse...

The next several days may be a complete BORE to read about, since I'm using this blog to document and support my Master Cleanse experience. This is the first fast I had ever tried and although I've known quite a few people who've done it, I've never had the time to dedicate to it OR thought my dh would support my efforts. When he finally met a few people (knowing them otherwise, first) who were on the fast or had done it and recommended it, it intrigued him enough to be open to it, and then want to see what happens to me!

After the birth of my first son, ten years ago, I had such feelings of "ick-iness" and I didn't know how to get back to a feeling of "clean". A friend suggested a detoxifying "camp" in Ojai - and the price was very reasonable - about $500 for an entire week for food (raw), lodging, yoga, hiking, meditation; colonics and massage are "extra".... Leaving my newborn didn't really make sense in the grand scheme of things and this was the limited exposure I'd had to anything remotely like a fast or detox - that didn't pertain to drug and alcohol detox! In L.A., ANYONE's heard PLENTY about that! Eventually, after hard "work", diet and exercise (and neurotic, unhealthy angst), I was back at work and filmed a beer commercial - in a string bikini - the week before my son's second birthday. Some gals bounce back faster, but at 32 I was having a tough time metabolically. To say the least, it's worse (tho' certainly age appropriate) now. I was just lucky not to have gained as much weight or have as difficult time when I was pregnant with the twins. Ten years later, I'm certainly not being photographed in a bikini - nor would I want to be - but it would be nice to feel fit and energetic, again. I'm hoping this will be a better inspiration to keep up a regimen at the gym.

My current sense of "ick-iness" stems from the amount of fertility drugs I pumped into my body to get pregnant, hormones to remain pregnant, and my typical feelings from "being" pregnant - carrying two wonderful babies whose sole job was to grow (and recycle/eliminate) inside me. The fact that my body also "grew" a cancer while I was pregnant - and was subsequently removed with the c-section - has really inspired me to do this fast. The timing (16 months post partum) seems right. I want all toxins out of me.

Last night at 9pm-ish, I drank the lax tea and woke up to take the SWP at 6:30. Elimination began within the hour and yowza! There's no such thing as passing gas on this fast. Get thee to the bathroom!!!! I laid down when the babies did and took a nap (very unusual for me to nap in the morning) and actually slept. I have had about 4 glasses of the lemonade, which I really enjoy (ask me if I like it in 10 days!) Of course, I am seized with food cravings. Positively SEIZED. It's supposedly because of detoxing particular toxins and that your cravings are directly linked to the toxin. Without a doubt, I might kill for a Diet Coke.

Did I mention, I'm kicking caffiene with this fast, as well? Pray for me. My family - at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home